Links

archives

Sunday, April 17, 2005

 

AARP is Anti-GOP (Letter to the Editor)

I don't know what it is, maybe it's my timing or the fact that I always tell them I'm a college student, but I never have any trouble getting a letter in to the editor of our city newspapers. My latest letter focuses on the AARP's anti-Republican stance on every issue, specifically regarding Social Security reform.

The letter appeared in today's Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (although edited down quite a bit.) If you don't want to click the link, then read on:

For those of you out there who are unaware of AARP's real position on Social Security ("The AARP position," Letters, April 13), it's quite simple and remains largely the same for every issue: If the GOP wants it, AARP doesn't.

Frankly, I don't know why AARP is even involved in the discussion of Social Security reform. All of the reform plans, agreed on by both Democrats and conservatives, say that none of the benefits of people 55 or older will be touched.

But AARP is intent on pushing its agenda -- and depriving college kids like me a choice for my future.

Mike Rubino Greensburg



** Although this blog is maintained by members of the Republican Committee of Beaver County, the views expressed herein by its members and users do not necessarily reflect the views of the Committee. Please view the Committee website for a formal review of its principles and mission statement.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?